Job Title: Office Administrator (part-time, 30 hours/week, Mon-Fri)
Organization: Trinity United Methodist Church, Annapolis, MD
Organization Website: trinityannapolis.org
Salary Range: $20,000- 24,000 depending upon experience
Job Overview: Trinity is a 120 year old active faith community, located just outside the center of Annapolis, MD, on West Street. This is a part-time position for an experienced individual who enjoys working with people and would like to serve as an essential link in a vibrant church community. The Office Administrator shall provide support for the pastor, the staff of Trinity United Methodist Church and its volunteer leadership (as needed) as well as manage the day-to-day business of the church office. This person will report directly to the pastor.
- Evidence of Christian character and growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Graduation from a two or four year accredited institution or experience commensurate with the position
- Must have excellent people and communication skills
- Proven team player. Previous secretarial or administrative experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint/Media Shout and Publisher)
- Proficiency in the use of standard office tools and equipment (multi-line phone, copier, computer, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative on small and large projects and adapt quickly to new ideas, programs and responsibilities
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform administrative duties for the pastor, staff, and volunteer leadership (as needed)
- Perform receptionist duties including answering phones and responding to voicemails
- Maintain church calendar, schedule of meetings and room assignments
- Manage office checking account with the direction of the Pastor.
- Prepare weekly, holiday and seasonal bulletins, funeral bulletins, announcements, and calendars.
- Send weekly reminders to those serving in worship (Liturgist, Usher Captain, Greeters, and Acolytes). Prepare weekly script for projections during worship
- Oversee layout, production and mailing of the monthly church newsletter
- Handle daily mail, faxes and emails, responding and distributing as appropriate
- Attend BWCUMC training seminars to become proficient in required church conference reports and statistical submissions
- Prepare reports and documentation relative to Church Conference & Fund Balance Report(audit); assist in the preparation of statistical and financial reports for the pastor, staff and church leaders; maintain the church membership database
- Prepare Certificates of Baptism, Marriage, Confirmation, and Transfer of Membership forms
- Order and maintain office supplies; oversee care and maintenance of office equipment
- Identify and supervise any volunteer office support as needed
- Maintain newsletter, bulletin and calendar information on the website, updating as needed with the assistance of our Communications team
- Inform Pastor of new visitors weekly from guest info cards submitted. Prepare welcome letters/emails to new visitors for Pastor’s signature or review
- Help maintain security of the church building by screening visitors at the door
- Maintain and replenish Children’s Worship Bags with weekly Children’s Bulletins, Sermon Notes sheet, pad of paper, crayons, and pencil
- Assist the Financial Secretary and Treasurer in documentation of collections and expenses.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Pastor
Vacation, holidays, personal days and sick days are prorated according to length of employment. Health benefits are not included.
Please submit Resume with references by close of business on Monday, May 20, 2019.