Information Technology Specialist (Enterprise Architecture)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants must have 1 year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower band or level equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal Service, or comparable private/public sector experience which has equipped the applicant with the skills and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as extensive experience developing, maintaining, and managing Enterprise Architecture program documents, program processes, program plans, and program activity schedules utilizing the current: 1) Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework and 2) GAO Enterprise Architecture Enterprise Architecture Framework guidance.
NOTE: Your application should clearly show your possession of the specialized experience qualification requirement and the four competencies listed above.
You must meet all qualification requirements before the announcement closes.
There is no education requirement for this position.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the qualification requirements stated above, you will be further rated based on your responses to the vacancy questions. Please make sure that your responses to the vacancy questions are supported in your resume. Please follow all instructions carefully. If you provide incomplete answers, fail to provide a narrative response to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation, or if your response to a vacancy question is "see resume”, your rating may be affected or you may be determined ineligible.
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Expert knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Management Maturity Framework and OMB’s published Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework to assess agency goals.
- Skill in applying current Enterprise Architecture methodologies, frameworks, and models to design and represent current, transitional, and target enterprise-wide architectures and solutions.
- Skill in utilizing project management principles, methods, and practices to include developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities, responding to changing priorities, making resource tradeoffs, and evaluating and reporting accomplishments.
- Skill in developing independent cost estimates as well as track/manage budget portfolio information.
- Skill in collaborating with agency personnel, leadership, and organizational teams to accomplish technology initiatives and projects
- Skill in applying enterprise architecture reference models sufficient to develop and present complex concepts and recommendations in a way that persuades stakeholders to reach actionable decisions.
- Skill in facilitating the conceptualization of future target states, relationships, and future capabilities via storyboarding, modeling, and use of graphical representations.
- Skill in effectively representing enterprise-wide interests and viewpoints and successfully leveraging relationships with staff and stakeholders at all levels.
- Skill in effectively communicating both orally and in writing to select, organized and present appropriate information in a concise and coherent manner, conduct fact finding interviews, make presentations, and communicate such information and concepts to targeted audiences. By way of definition, oral communication may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to-speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.…
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No