Construction Control Representative (Construction Management Coordinator - UNICOR)
25% or less - Travel may be required for training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). The ICTAP provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1)this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified category using established category rating criteria. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the Department of Justice with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your Department of Justice component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified category using established category rating criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following qualification requirements.
There is no substitution of education for specialized experience for this position.
You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level in federal service. To be creditable, this experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular qualifications to perform successfully the duties of the position and must typically be in or related to the position to be filled.
Some examples of this qualifying experience are:
- Experience in construction concepts utilized in various trades, skills, practices, tools, techniques, equipment and processes usually employed in construction in order to effectively oversee/supervise construction projects within the Federal Government or the Commercial market.
- Construction representative responsible for accurately interpreting plans and specifications and inspecting materials and workmanship.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in adhering to building codes and regulations as it relates to the construction industry (new and renovated).
- Supervisor of construction contractors, electricians, crafts persons, equipment operators and mechanics assigned to construction work. The experience involves responsibility for accurately interpreting plans and specifications and supervising and inspecting workmanship for adherence to the plans and specifications.
Quality Ranking Factors:
Applicants who possess the following amount of experience are preferred:
- At least three years of experience in managing operations of a commercial/government construction project ranging from $500,000 - $30,000,000.
- Experience in adhering to building codes and regulations, i.e. Occupation and Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and National Fire Protection Association (NAFA) certification, for large construction projects.
Applicants MUSTclearly address this factor in their resume.
NOTE:The above quality ranking factors are preferred. Therefore, applicants who possess the quality ranking factors can be ranked above those who do not, but no candidates can be rated ineligible solely for failure to possess a quality ranking factor.
If applicable, credit will be given for paid and unpaid experience. To receive proper credit, you must show the actual time (such as the number of hours worked per week) spent in activities.
**Your eligibility for consideration will be based on your responses to the questions in the application.**
See Qualifications Section for education requirements, if applicable.
Special Conditions of Employment Section:
Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment and panel interview, urinalysis, physical, and background investigation. All applicants are subject to, and must satisfactorily pass all screening requirements in relation to National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and credit check.
Additional selections may be made if vacancies occur within the life of the certificate.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJ's Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Based upon your self-reported responses to the assessment questions during the application process, your application will be placed into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Applications will be reviewed from the top quality category. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you are found qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to the responses you provided on the online assessment questionnaire.
NOTE: Candidates within the top quality category and who are eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans preference you are claiming on your resume. Although veterans preference points are not assigned under the category rating procedures described under "How You Will Be Evaluated", veterans preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-veterans within each category for which they are qualified.
In addition, qualified veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more are placed at the top of the highest qualified category as defined by category rating procedures.
What Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are Required for this Position?
The following Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) are required:
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Knowledge of personal computer packages.
- Ability to assign responsibility, delegate authority and provide general program direction.
- Ability to perform cost estimating.
- Ability to interpret design specifications and drawings at various levels of completion
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No