HR Specialist (Recruitment & Placement)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel - Maybe required to attend job related training,conferences, and/or events.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 3 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $99,172 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience in interpreting and applying human resources staffing and recruitment principles, practices, laws, and regulations in order to provide recruitment and retention strategies, organizational design, position management, restructuring, and pay/compensation integration for a range of regular/recurring to unique/difficult activities and seeking higher level advice only for the most complex situations.
Bargaining Unit status: Non-Bargaining Unit
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.
This is not a virtual position. The selectee is expected to report to work in the duty station location listed in this vacancy announcement.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of recruitment and placement activities and ability to make decisions and recommendations significantly changing, interpreting, or developing important nationwide policies or programs.
- Knowledge and ability to prepare and post vacancy announcements in a professional and timely manner.
- Knowledge of pay administration policies and regulations to make determinations for pay setting actions.
- Knowledge of the various federal appointment authorities, including its governing laws, regulations, methodologies and/or policies, in order to provide sound and authoritative management guidance and technical guidance.
- Skill in the researching, interpreting and applying federal HR rules, regulations, policies and directives to a variety of recruitment and placement issues.
- Ability to use automated IT systems to process and maintain information about personnel actions.
- Ability to research/develop performance metrics for the assessment and improvement of effective staffing processes.
- Skill in written and oral communications required to provide technical advice and assistance and present sensitive recommendations to all levels of management; to ascertain the needs of customer organizations in the area of recruitment and selection; and/or otherwise articulate technically complex policies and procedures.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No