Information Technology Specialist (Security)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship for competitive status positions or conversion to a competitive status position with the Administrative Office of the US Courts. In instances where non-citizens are considered for hire into temporary or any other position with non competitive status or when it is confirmed by the AO's Human Resources Office that there are no qualified U.S. citizens for a competitive status position (unless prohibited by a law or statue), non-citizens must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at http://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- All new AO employees will be required to complete a FBI fingerprint-based national criminal database and records check and pass a public trust suitability check.
- You will be required to serve a trial period if selected for a first-time appointment to the Federal government, transferring from another Federal agency, or serving as a first-time supervisor. Failure to successfully complete the trial period may result in termination of employment. This does not apply to current federal Judiciary employees.
- Relocation expenses may be provided, but only if authorized by the Director of the AO.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Basic Requirements: You must have Information Technology (IT) related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position. Specialized experience is demonstrated experience in ALL of the areas defined below:
- Working in a cybersecurity operations environment leading advanced threat hunting and threat evaluation activities.
- Experience with penetration testing and vulnerability evaluations to align hunting efforts with established threat actor methodologies.
- Experience leading teams of analysts in conducting active threat hunting operations
- Familiar or certified with Splunk, Incident Management, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Software vulnerabilities & exploitation, data analysis, malware analysis, APT/criminal infrastructure analysis, exploit kits and penetration testing. (Your resume must show clear and convincing evidence of all areas of specialized experience.)
- CompTIA Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, OSCP, CISM, CISSP or equivalent certifications.
- Degree in Information Security, Cyber Security or Information Technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux/Unix, Windows and MacOS operating systems.
- Experience with Snort, Bro and other network IDS tools
This position does not require education to qualify.
The AO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume and/or narrative responses, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Failure to submit the mandatory narrative responses will result in not receiving full consideration and/or rating credit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.