FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service:
- Ensure complex financial transactions are coded and entered in a format appropriate to the United States standard general ledger and the standard financial information structure in an Accounting Budget System.
- Prepare plans, reports, charts, graphs, briefings, and related correspondence in order to provide clear and concise budgetary and financial information; financial management regulations and programs, federal and budgetary policies, procedures, and processes in order to develop clear and concise financial management operating procedures/policies and systems guidance that pertains to the budgetary process.
- Plan the budget, financial, and accounting of an annual and multi-year appropriation for an agency
- Closely monitor and analyze financial obligations, expenditures, and unobligated balances of individual programs.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service:
- Ensure financial transactions are coded and entered in a format appropriate to the United States standard general ledger and the standard financial information structure in an Accounting Budget System.
- Apply theories, concepts, principles, and practices of financial management to provide advice on all phases of the budgeting process including formulation, preparation, execution, and accounting.
- Conduct financial analysis in order to conduct complex analyses and to identify and propose solutions to financial related issues/problems that are significant and influence assigned programs, policies, and operations.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, the veteran must be a preference eligible or a veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
Persons with Disabilities - Schedule A
Special Hiring Authority for Veterans
Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
Other Special Appointment Authorities
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
NOTE: Declining to be interviewed or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.
Selective Service Requirement: Please visit http://www.sss.gov for more information.
For more information, please visit http://www.dla.mil/Careers/SearchApply/Downloads.aspx .
Re-employed Annuitant: This position Does Not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Concepts, Policies, and Principles of Budget
- Financial Management
- Oral Communication
- Requirements Analysis
Military Spouse Preference: If you are entitled to military spouse preference, in order to receive this preference you must choose the spousal eligibility in your application package referencing MSP Military Spouse Preference. Your preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are claiming military spouse preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed below preference eligible veteran candidates and above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. To claim Military Spouse Preference (MSP) please complete the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist
Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes