IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
25% or less - 25% Business Travel Required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: (1) Preparing and overseeing implementation of cyber policies and procedures to ensure
network architecture security; (2) Providing expert assessments of proposed design measures' feasibility, based on broad knowledge of
parameters imposed by the IT infrastructure and operations; and (3) Implementing changes to systems based on the analysis of
cybersecurity posture weaknesses. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-III (GS-13).
In addition, you must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below based on the grade level required of the position being filled: 1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. 2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. 3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. 4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Information Systems/Network Security
- Information Technology Policy and Planning
- Oral Communication
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone. There is no substitution of education for experience permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 - Information Technology/Cyber Management position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in Acquisition Career Field Information Technology within 24 months of entrance on duty." (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisitions University Catalog at http://icatalog.dau.mil/onlinecatalog/CareerLvl.aspx.)
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for a Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.