Deputy Division Director, Division of Electrical, Communication, and Cyber Systems
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation may be paid contingent on availability of funds.
- One year probationary period required for all new Career SES appointments.
- Requires an "Executive Branch Personnel Public Financial Disclosure Report" (OGE-278).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
EXECUTIVE/MANAGERIAL (E/Ms): Unless you are currently under a career SES appointment, are eligible for reinstatement into SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program approved by OPM, you must submit written statements (narrative format) describing accomplishments that would satisfy the E/Ms. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as "ineligible."
1. Leading Change. This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent in this E/M is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People. This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent in this E/M is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results-Driven Leadership. This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent in this E/M is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen. This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions. This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, non-profit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL (P/Ts): All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualification. You must address each technical qualification separately.
1. Ph.D. or equivalent professional experience in electrical and computer engineering or a closely related science and engineering discipline.
2. Substantial research contributions and strong evidence of scholarship in engineering as evidenced in publications and other professional contributions.
3. Demonstrated broad knowledge of diverse fields of engineering and their interdisciplinary impact to important cross-cutting research programs.
4. Broad understanding of universities and other institutions where research and education in engineering is conducted. Demonstrated knowledge of grant and contract administration, fiscal management, and budget preparation with experience in engineering research support.
When responding to the P/T and E/M qualifications, you must clearly show that you possess the experience, knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of this position by submitting narrative responses in which you detail your experience in each of the E/Ms and P/Ts.
Your examples should be clear and emphasize your level of responsibilities, scope, and complexity of the programs managed and program accomplishments with results of your actions, policy initiatives and level of contacts.
Applicants currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment, eligible for reinstatement into SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program (CDP) approved by OPM are not required to address the Executive/Managerial Qualifications (ECQs/EMs); but a narrative statement for each of the Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs) is recommended.
To view additional information on the proper preparation of Executive Core Qualification (ECQs) statements, applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Executive Qualifications.
Security Clearance: Public Trust
The Senior Executive Service (SES) covers managerial positions above GS-15 in the Federal Service. Persons appointed to the SES are eligible for health benefits, life insurance, social security, Federal retirement and thrift savings plan coverage, and participate in the Federal leave system. Competitive status is not required, veteran's preference does not apply and there are no grade restrictions. New appointees to the SES are required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Final selection of career appointees requires the approval of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM). OPM approval will be based on the selectee's background in the following five executive core qualification areas: (1) Leading Change, (2) Leading People, (3) Results Driven Leadership, (4) Business Acumen, and (5) Building Coalitions. These areas are incorporated in the five executive/managerial requirements for the position. Information about the leadership requirements for SES-level positions is available on the OPM website.
The position may also be filled on a one-to-three year Senior Executive Service (SES) Limited Term Appointment.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated by an Evaluation Panel of senior officials. The panel will rate and rank applicants on the basis of the quality and extent of total accomplishments, experience and education. The panel will determine the degree to which candidates possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the professional/technical qualifications of the position and the executive/managerial qualifications to determine the best qualified candidates. The best qualified candidates will be referred to the appropriate official who will recommend selection. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, physical disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit reason.
There are no questions to preview in the link below.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No