Administrative and Mission Support Associate
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Candidates must possess the education (if applicable) and specialized experience as described to be determined basically qualified for this position.
All requirements must be met before the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower band or level equivalent to the GS-9 in the federal service, or comparable private sector experience. For this position, specialized experience is defined as experience performing a broad range of administrative and management functions including business analytics, budget, travel, training, human resources, space and/or procurement; researching, analyzing and gathering information in support of mission programs and operations; preparing a variety of written products including preliminary and finished correspondence, reports and documents; and providing advice and guidance on administrative and program issues.
This position does not have an education requirement.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee will be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement. (if applicable)
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit SSS.
Selectees will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. At the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
Selectees will be subject to a determination of suitability for Federal employment.
GAO provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodation@gao.gov.
GAO's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the qualification requirements stated, you will be further rated based on your responses to the assessment questions and placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume and follow all instructions carefully. If you provide incomplete answers, fail to provide a narrative response to any assessment question(s) that requires further explanation, or if your response to an assessment question is "see resume”, your rating may be affected or you may be determined ineligible.
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
• Knowledge of policies and practices related to administrative operations, program management, and other procedural matters; and the ability to assess and evaluate these policies and practices and develop improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Comprehensive and technical knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suites and web-based data entry and management systems operationally deployed within GAO, and an understanding of their interrelationships to maintain the information contained within these systems and produce complete and accurate reports.
• Skill in communicating clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to manage numerous tasks, projects, and processes each with different systems, processes and deadlines to ensure that all projects are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Knowledge of human capital, budget, procurement, and travel procedures and systems.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No