PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST (National Media Relations Analyst)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS 14 LEVEL: To qualify for this position you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 position in the Federal government. Specialized experience is experience that is related to the work of this position and provides you with the competencies required for successful job performance. Examples of specialized experience include experience developing and implementing a comprehensive public affairs program that involved media relations communication strategies for audiences that required a wide range of knowledge of communication requirements; and experience serving as a communications expert in analyzing a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of the public affairs program including exploring the target audience and creating messages to reach them using the appropriate media vehicles.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions in more than one Business Division throughout the Service.
3 Positions are to be filled in THE Communications & Liaison Division (C & L) at the following locations: Washington, DC, Atlanta, GA (3vacancies)
The anticipated start date is to be determined.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses- no
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Communications and Media, Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communications/Speaking, Problem Solving, and Writing. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, etc.) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a score of category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No