50% or less - Frequent travel up to 50% may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation authorized. When you perform a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the federal government, the IRS considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Additional information: https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/taxableentitlements.html
Resumes must include information which demonstrates experience and knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) as they relate to this position. Applicants are encouraged to be clear and specific when describing their experience level and KSAs.
• Knowledge of a wide range of principles, concepts and techniques that govern physical fitness programs to include knowledge of exercise science, strength conditioning, nutrition, weight loss/control, cardiovascular endurance, exercise requirements and projected results.
• Knowledge of biomechanics, fitness testing and exercise prescription supplemented with a knowledge of proper procedures in the use of strength training equipment, nutrition, exercise, physical fitness programming and testing equipment.
• Knowledge of military fitness requirements.
• Knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery.
• Knowledge, skill and ability to negotiate, resolve conflict, manage and prioritize time and work, facilitate team behavior, plan and conduct meetings, as well as contribute to team goals and objectives, and apply positive and effective customer service behavior with all internal and external customers.
• Knowledge of training facilitation, adult learning, learning transfer, persuasive communication and effective presentations.
• Knowledge of DoD, Department of the Navy (DON) and CNIC policies and procedures governing the fitness and recreational activity certifications.
• Skill in planning and executing a comprehensive fitness training program that includes a variety of fitness training programs and conducting training workshops.
• Skill in critical thinking, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
• Skill in project management, including planning, implementation, tracking and reporting progress on project goals and activities, as well as managing risks and adapting plans to address unexpected events.
• Skill in effectively organizing and utilizing available community resources.
• Ability to analyze and prepare clear, concise, and technically sound reports related to work within the Branch.
• Ability to develop training outlines, courses of study and lesson plans/guides.
• Ability to develop and effectively deliver presentations and/or training.
An undergraduate degree or higher in education or exercise science; sports medicine; kinesiology; athletic training; or biomechanics, OR at least 2 years’ experience overseeing and coordinating fitness education training programs.
Some positions have special requirements. Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. Salary is dependent on experience and/or education.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies within 60 days of issuance of selection certificate. For positions requiring travel more than twice per year, selectee may be required to obtain and maintain in good standing a Government-issued Travel Card for official government travel purposes.
DON is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MILL_MWR_Recruit.firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure proper consideration is given.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All resumes will be reviewed to determine if they meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement, and will be rated based on the information provided in the resume to determine the level of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) related to the job requirements. Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating criterion of KSAs will be used for each resume. Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No