PT Liaison, McKinney-Vento
Provides responsible management, data collection, clerical, and negotiation duties related to working with families,
schools, and community agencies serving the needs of students who qualify as homeless or unaccompanied under the
McKinney-Vento Act. The employee responds to questions regarding eligibility for services and assisting families in
making the best, most feasible school decisions. The employee facilitates school enrollment and arranges for food
service, and special needs of each child, appropriate to the child and family's circumstances. The employee provides
other support as needed in the Office of Student Services.
the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed
* Understands the intricacies of determining eligibility of students under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistant
* Assists school personnel in the identification of children and youth experiencing homelessness and/or unstable
housing and in ascertaining that no barriers prevent the prompt enrollment of eligible students.
* Assures that the parents and guardians of homeless children are informed of their rights and of the
opportunities available to them in Loudoun County Public Schools.
* Collects, organizes, and maintains data required by local, state, and federal reporting and grant requirements.
* Provides staff development information to school staff to help them better understand the needs of McKinney-
Vento students and legal requirements under McKinney-Vento.
* Collaborates with local and state agencies to meet the needs of students in homeless and unstable living
situations and provide coordination of services.
* Performs related work as required.
* Two years of college experience required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Possesses strong oral and written communications skills and effective interpersonal skills to work with parents as
well as school and community agency personnel;
* Communicates a genuine desire to assist students, parents and schools
* Demonstrates ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Bilingual skills required, Spanish preferred
* Demonstrates strong organizational skills
* Must be trustworthy and dependable
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking. expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers
accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall
and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of
time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.