Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You may qualify at the GS-09 level, if you fulfill one of the following qualification requirements:
- One year of full-time specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level (comparable to GS-09) in the Federal Government. Examples include: assists in the collection, quality control, and delivery of briefing materials; assembles necessary reports, briefing material, files, and documents for meetings and appointments for use by senior level officials; prepares travel arrangements for senior leaders including proposed itineraries, transportation, hotel accommodations, and vouchers; and supports high-level events that involve the senior leaders participation and ensures that all official social obligations are met, including: arranging luncheons, issuing invitations, and coverage of necessary details. OR
- A master's or equivalent graduate degree in an accredited or pre-accredited college or university; or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or possession of a LL.B. or J.D degree, if related. OR
- A combination of education and experience as listed above.
The Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA),P.L. 114-47, allows certain individuals who currently or formerly were under time-limited competitive appointments at certain land management agencies to compete under merit promotion procedures:
Note: You must submit ALL SF-50s and performance information for each period of temporary/term employment that qualifies for LMWFA.
·Must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency.
·Must have served under 1 or more time limited appointments by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years; AND
·Must have performed at an acceptable level.
·Must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency,
·Must have served under 1 or more time limited appointments by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years;
·Must apply for position within 2 years after separation,
·Must have been separated for reasons other than misconduct or performance; AND
·Must have performed at an acceptable level
Public Land Corps (PLC) Hiring Authority:
Note: You must provide a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Compliance Hiring Based for Public Land Corps Service.
(1) In order to be eligible for PLC non-competitive status, a former member of the PLC must provide documentation, as part of their application, verifying their eligibility and meet the following criteria:
(a) Served as a qualified youth on an appropriate conservation project completing a minimum of 640 hours of satisfactory service that included at least 120 hours through the PLC;
(b) Applied to a vacancy announcement for which applications are being accepted from individuals with non-competitive status;
(c) Meet the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) minimum qualification standards stated in the vacancy announcement for the position which you are applying; and
(d) Completed his/her most recent Corps service, which provided him/her with a total of 640 hours, inclusive of 120 hours on a PLC project as defined in 16 USC 1723(d), within the last two (2) years.
(2) Appointments must be effected within the two years requirement.
(3) The two year time-frame cannot be extended.
(4) Selectees will be subject to a probationary period.
(5) This authority may be used for General Schedule and Federal Wage System positions.
PROOF OF EDUCATION: All applicants who are using education or a combination of education and experience to qualify must submit copies of official or unofficial transcripts which include grades, credit hours earned, major(s) and grade point average or class ranking. If any required coursework is not easily recognizable on transcripts, or if you believe a portion of a particular course can be credited toward meeting an educational requirement, you must also provide a memorandum on letterhead from the institution's registrar, dean, or other appropriate official stating the percentage of the course that should be considered to meet the requirement and the equivalent number of units. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however, if you are selected for the position, you will be required to produce the original official transcripts.
PASS/FAIL COURSES: If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
To register or verify your registration go to the Selective Service System at https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
Position is not eligible for telework.
A PCS move is not authorized.
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 showing you were honorably discharged. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must attach an SF-15," Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" in addition to the proof required by that form.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the basic qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you meet the basic qualifications your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience which resulted in you being listed in the highest quality category, you may lose consideration, or be assigned to a lower quality category for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in developing new procedures and approaches to identify and resolve significant issues and problems, and to review public inquiries and requests for general information.
- Knowledge of office computer software and databases used to support administrative functions (e.g., time and attendance processing, meeting management, action tracking, travel arrangements); and to design and prepare documents, spreadsheets, tables, flowcharts, and visual presentations.
- Analytical ability sufficient to review public inquiries and requests for general information and either respond or coordinate with the appropriate individual/office for a response.
- Ability to communicate in writing to compose and review memoranda and documents, ensuring formatting, grammar and content comply with approved style manual.
- Ability to coordinate and logistically support multiple projects, senior-level meetings, conferences and/or special events for senior managers and other Service staff.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and projects and use independent judgment to set priorities, organize and adjust workflow, meet deadlines, and lead office activities.