Mechanical Engineering Technician
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel for training
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-12 salary range starts at $ 83,398.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected. To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience includes experience performing construction management/cost estimates for new construction of multi-story office buildings, courthouses, warehouses; preparing project plans, specifications and cost estimates for projects ranging in value up to several million dollars; preparing/reviewing project plans; and performing cost/price analyses.
Bargaining Unit status: NFFE
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
· Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
We are also accepting applications from all U.S. Citizens and Nationals under Vacancy Announcement # 1911171CFDE. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, concepts, and practices with emphasis on thermodynamics and heat transfer; hydraulic systems; pneumatic systems; high-pressure boilers and associated equipment, industrial refrigeration equipment and/or compressible and incompressible fluid dynamics in distribution systems.
- Ability to review contract plans and specifications for conformation to standard engineering practices in order to monitor contractors’ work to ensure conformance.
- Knowledge of analysis techniques such as life cycle economics, reliability analyses, and fuel contingency analyses.
- Skill in maintenance and repair procedures related to high-pressure steam, refrigeration, boiler, and/or mechanical equipment.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No