6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
US Citizenship or National
Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date
Register with the Selective Service, if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level)
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-7 salary range starts at $49,081.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
A. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience applying a basic knowledge of IT principles, concepts, and methods to perform routine IT work and project management activities including: providing routine advice and guidance on technology needs, applying basic procurement practices and procedures; and assisting higher level specialists with IT projects AND in addition to the specialized experience, you must also demonstrate experience with EACH of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant monitors, maintains, or updates data, records, or other information;
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant develops a working knowledge of the customer's business or function;
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant contacts others orally to obtain and provide information;
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant identifies or anticipates needs or problems OR
C. Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level. To claim SAA, submit documentation of one of the following:
- Class standing -- You must be in the upper third of your graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
- Grade-point average (rounded to one decimal point) of: (a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum; OR (b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during your final 2 years of the curriculum.
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit here.
Bargaining Unit Status: NFFE
If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
If you are selected, you will participate in a developmental program. You will be given assignments and training to prepare you to be successful in the position.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here's how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Educational Experience (ACWA)
- Mathematical Skills (ACWA)
- Rating (ACWA)
- Social Organizations (ACWA)
- Work Experience (ACWA)
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No