Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
The position may be filled at any grade level.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an MAINTENANCE MECHANIC without more than normal supervision. - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
To meet the basic eligibility, you must receive at least two points on the screen-¬out element indicated above and must have an average of two points on all the job elements listed below. Your application will be further evaluated to determine if you meet the best qualified cut-off for referral to the selecting official.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
- Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- KNOWLEDGE OF EQUIPMENT ASSEMBLY, INSTALLATION, REPAIR, ETC.
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (Theoretical, precise, artistic)
- USE OF MEASURING INSTRUMENTS (MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONIC, AS APPROPRIATE TO LINE OF WORK)
- Physical Effort: Work requires making repairs and installations from ladders, scaffolding and platforms. The incumbent works in tiring and uncomfortable positions for long periods and frequently stands, stoops, bends, kneels, stretches and crouches while performing assignments. Work involves pushing, pulling, turning and positioning parts, equipment and tools. The incumbent frequently lifts parts and equipment that weighs up to 20 pounds, occasionally may lift and carry items that weigh 50 pounds, and often lifts and moves heavier items with the assistance of other workers with lifting devices such as jacks hoists and cranes.
- Working Conditions: Work is performed inside on hard, damp floors where the incumbent is exposed to dirt, dust, grease, heat, exhaust fumes, noise, changing temperatures and drafts. The incumbent must frequently stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time. Work is also performed outside where the incumbent is exposed to bad weather, mud, snow and changing temperatures. Both inside and outside, the incumbent is exposed to the possibility of cuts, bruises, broken bones, shocks, infections, burns, strains, sprains, or, irritations to the skin. The incumbent follows prescribed, safety practices and uses safety equipment such as protective car devices, hard hats, hard toe shoes, respirators and protective clothing.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Material Maintenance Management position.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.