General Engineer, AD-0801-02 (Engineering/Science Analyst)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in engineering and/or science fields with experience and in-depth knowledge in specialty areas of engineering and/or science and have familiarity with the engineering and/or science research community.
In addition, experience in engineering and/or science fields related to the programs in Engineering Biology and Health Cluster is especially desired. In-depth knowledge includes basic science, engineering research, and science policy with the ability to gather, evaluate, analyze, and synthesize technical and scientific information and data for reports, correspondence, procedural documents, publications, and presentations.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
Relocation Expenses may be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
This announcement is open to All US Citizens who meet citizenship and eligibility requirements.
Federal Appropriations Law requires that Non-Citizens meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
The Selected Candidate(s) may be subject to a background investigation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and research relevant to the duties of the position. We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
QUALITY RANKING FACTORS:
1. In-depth knowledge and expertise in specialty areas of engineering and basic science, engineering research, and science policy with the ability to gather, evaluate, analyze and synthesize technical and scientific information.
2. Ability to compile, collect, arrange and organize data to prepare tables, charts, graphs, summaries, and other materials for effective presentation of research results and for inclusion in publications.
3. Knowledge of computer systems, methods and applications, including application of commercial statistical and data management software packages for data base management, compilation and processing data, and statistical analysis of data.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with respected engineers, scientists, and researchers in various organizations.
5. Ability to present highlights of cutting edge science and engineering research that is understandable for the general public.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No