Coordinator, Prevention Services
The Coordinator, Prevention Services, assists the Supervisor of Diagnostic and Prevention Services in coordinating psychological services and mental health programs and in providing guidance, leadership, and supervision to the school psychologists and educational diagnosticians.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Coordinates various psychological services and division-wide mental health programs for general education and special education students.
• Assists the Supervisor in the recruitment, hiring, supervision and evaluation of school psychologists and educational diagnosticians.
• Assists the Supervisor in managing the assessment inventory, staff testing supplies, and test records.
• Assists the Supervisor in developing and implementing procedures and guidelines related to psychological services and diagnostic protocols for special education and Section 504 regulations.
• Assists the Supervisor in designing and delivering training and professional learning to staff.
• Works collaboratively with the Early Identification Services Supervisor, the Multi-Tiered System of Support Supervisor, PBIS Coordinator, RTI Coordinator, and other offices in the Department of Pupil Services.
• Coordinates services with Loudoun County Mental Health and other community agencies.
Below are the qualifications for this position:
• Advanced graduate or doctoral degree in school psychology or related field.
• Pupil Personnel Services License with an endorsement in school psychology; administrative endorsement or coursework in Educational Leadership preferred
• Five years of successful experience in public schools as a school psychologist with successful experience in a school psychology leadership position, or similar position with progressive leadership responsibility
• Proven professional/leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, administrators, and community agencies