WHO ARE YOU?
You were born to be a sales superstar—you love the hunt and all that comes with it. You know how to build rapport, uncover needs and develop solutions that drive results. At the end of the day, you are measured by your results—the ultimate scorecard for a top performer.
You are committed to delivering exceptional results. You enjoy setting new business goals and then blowing them out of the water. Whether you are smiling and dialing for new prospects or closing the deal over a lengthy lunch, you are energized by every step in the sales process. Your success is the client’s success, and you thrive on creating a win-win result with every engagement.
The ideal candidate for the Sales Operations Manager role believes in the core values of 360 Live Media—The 360 Way—and is driven by our philosophy and mission. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate who has a proven track record in managing leads, scoping and sales support. Responsibilities include:
- Lead Management
- Research and evaluate leads, report and track key scorecard metrics for the Business Development Team
- Generate and provide assistance with researching leads and efficiently keeping in regular contact with existing prospects
- Identify areas for target audience expansion and development
- Lead the integration of Salesforce across 360 Live Media—as a data repository, reporting tool, and forecasting tool—to manage customer relationships and active sales
- Identify potential prospects, monitor and report on their status along the awareness continuum in Salesforce
- Implement improvements that will allow improve the effectiveness of tracking 360 Live Media marketing and inform future campaigns
- Generate weekly reports for incoming revenue, closed won revenue, open opportunities (pipeline), appointments, and tasks and updating weekly metrics for scorecards
- Conversation Coordination
- Lead the scheduling and communication required to secure meetings and calls with prospective clients of 360 Live Media
- Conduct outreach to prospects to coordinate new business meetings (through any media channel necessary—i.e. email, phone, direct mail, social, live)
- Lead the development of content for presentations and provide support to 360 Live Media team members who are presenting or speaking on behalf of the company
- Support presentations to senior decision makers within 360 Live Media’s target audiences, including the development of the presentation as well as the coordination of calls and meetings and taking notes to recap decisions that are made
- Lead the smooth transition of newly signed clients to the Account team at 360 Live Media
- Maximize networking opportunities by coordinating 360 Live Media’s presence at conferences, events and trade shows to increase awareness and develop a broader network of contacts
- Scope Development
- Identify appropriate service offerings for prospective clients, and craft and deliver new scopes of work to prospective clients that reflect said offerings
- Develop proposals and statements of work that outline desired solutions and deliverables
- Understand and keep up-to-date with constant developments with associations, professional societies and other target industries
- Referral Management
- Develop and manage a referral plan that successfully drives new business growth
- Develop targeted quarterly and annual referral strategies with each member of the Account team on each account to foster new business growth
- Work with the Account team to develop a scalable referral program that can be seamlessly implemented as the Account team expands
- Coordinate, moderate and report on quarterly account planning for the Account team to focus on specific products and services
- Sales Support
- Support the business development team to develop custom campaigns to relevant prospects
- Draft and deploy communications from the business development team to prospective clients (through any media channel necessary—i.e. email, phone, direct mail, social)
- Manage a dedicated budget to incorporate long-term sales strategy executions and short-term tactical implementations
- Identify appropriate industry awards and lead the submission of applications for those awards to increase 360 Live Media’s brand awareness and credibility
The successful candidate has management experience in a marketing or advertising agency setting. Additional requirements are:
- Minimum 3 years of experience within Sales Operations/Business Development/New Business or Account Management role (face-to-face experience imperative; experience within the media, marketing and communications industry preferred)
- Self-starter who is target-driven and motivated—must be comfortable in a quota-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (telephone, written and face-to-face)
- Strong technical skills including Salesforce.com and the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Consultative sales skills (our audience is made up of association leaders and requires a balance of soft-sell approach and more aggressive closing skills)
- Excellent time management; an individual who thrives on working autonomously
- Determined, outgoing, positive, articulate and diplomatic personality
WHO ARE WE?
360 Live Media is an award-winning marketing and experience design agency that helps industry associations and corporations reinvent their live events to achieve strategic business objectives. From event design, marketing, branding and creative, to program development and speaker training, we help organizations build their brands, increase relevance and generate more revenue. Working at the intersection of Madison Avenue, Silicon Valley and K St, we bring fresh ideas, new thinking and real results to association executives and the organizations they lead. In 2015 and 2016, 360 Live Media was awarded one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in Washington, D.C. by the Washington Business Journal.
Our philosophy. We believe live media – events, conferences, trade shows and any forum where people connect face to face – is the original social media and the most powerful media platform to influence hearts and minds. A new frontier in marketing and communications has emerged through the powerful combination of digital and live experiences. We create uniquely innovative and disruptive experiences that help our clients engage, educate and connect their audiences in fresh, cost-effective ways that deliver results.
The U.S. events, conferences and tradeshows industry directly contributes $263 billion in direct spending, with 205 million participants and a $106 billion contribution to the national GDP, annually.
Working at 360 Live Media isn’t a “sit-behind-your-desk, 9–5, do-the-same-thing-every-day” kind of experience. Based in the heart of Washington, D.C., our team of young, fast-paced, energetic and entrepreneurial strategists, innovators and doers are driven to achieve growth for our clients and our company.