Excellence Christian School (ECS) is a K3 – 8th grade private Christian school located in Upper Marlboro, MD that is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. ECS seeks a proven educational leader for the position of school principal for the 2019 – 2020 school year. The ideal candidate would come on Board in June of 2019 in order to transition with the outgoing principal and to prepare for the upcoming school year.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Hold or be eligible for a Maryland Advanced Professional Certificate with Administrator II endorsement
- Three (3) years satisfactory teaching experience
- Three (3) years satisfactory school administration experience
- Evidence of exemplary human relations skills
- Ability to speak and write effectively
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate instructional and curricular methodologies
- Commitment to the mission of Excellence Christian School
- Demonstrated successful leadership in educational activities and maintaining a Christian environment
- Must be an active member of a bible believing Church
- Must be able to agree to the ECS Statement of Faith
- Understanding of effective schools’ research and demonstrated effort to implement the research findings into the administration of a school
- Demonstrated success in building educational and community partnerships
- Serve as the instructional leader
- Administer all facets of the school’s operations
- Implement and coordinate programs to meet specific needs of the school
- Maintain active relationships with all members of the school community
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of staff members
- Establish school professional and behavioral standards within the confines of Board policy
- Conduct staff meetings and professional development activities appropriate for school faculty
- Assume responsibility for implementation of Board policies and procedures
- Lead staff in continuous analysis of student data to increase student achievement
- Model appropriate and professional behavior in interactions with all members of the school community
- Administer school operating budget
- Participate in recruitment, screening, selection and orientation of instructional and non-instructional staff
- Demonstrate proper teaching methods and procedures
- Coordinate efforts of resource personnel to provide assistance to staff
- Ensure supervision of student activities and co-curricular programs during and beyond the school day
- Determine staff and substitute assignments to meet the needs of the school
- Provide leadership in the area of student discipline
- Ensure proper procedures are followed with regard to selection, requisition, inventory and care and control of materials of instruction and school property
- Ensure proper planning, management and financing of student and community relations activities
- Ensure proper procedures are followed for scheduling community groups for use of facilities
- Maintain effective communications with parents, parent groups, CPBBC, civic associations and other community resources
- Interpret school and Board policy to staff, students and community
- Effective short and long term strategic planning
- Develop a sound program for the spiritual and academic growth for students, faculty and staff
- Oversee the annual reenrollment and enrollment drive
- Ensure educational programs are adapted to the particular needs of the school and community
- Conduct informal group discussions with teachers concerning educational programs and student progress
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Must have the ability to physically intervene in a crisis situation involving students.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING DUTIES
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Excellence Christian School, to include submission of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements to the Board, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support ECS’ mission.
- Review and approve contracts for services. Lead the school in all legal and regulatory matters pertaining to education by staying abreast of legal and regulatory requirements and trends.
- Utilize the resources and participate appropriately in training to keep abreast of current, major trends in education in general and Christian education in particular.
- Ensure ECS complies with all regulatory requirements on a federal, state and local level
- Maintain accreditation standards
- 501(c)(3) non-profit organization experience a plus
Applicants can apply online or mail their resume and three (3) individually sealed (writer’s signature must be across the seal) letters of reference, to:
The Governing Board
c/o Excellence Christian School
9010 Frank Tippett Road
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
All materials must be received by Monday, May 20, 2019