Property Manager, Luxury Multifamily Building
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With Regional Manager’s approval, hire and terminate on-site staff.
- Train, motivate and supervise all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of property.
- Conduct new employee indoctrination and annual performance reviews.
- Review and approve timesheets.
- Conduct on-going training with office staff. This includes Fair Housing, leasing paperwork, YARDI, accounts receivable, Nexus accounts payable system, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
- Exercise direct supervision over the entire property staff
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude and promote good will among prospects, residents, coworkers and contractors.
- Periodic inspection with residents move-in/move-outs.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out. Make sure every attempt is made to save a potential move-out.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Welcome and show property to prospective new residents. Also, handle incoming phone calls and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Ensure routine expenditures are consistent with the property’s owner approved budget. Control purchases and utilizes the approved vendor lists.
- Actively maintain and report monthly variances and narratives.
- Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Responsible for processing, approving and submitting all invoices to the Corporate Office for payment on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling petty cash account.
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a strong background in customer service
- Must be able to clearly convey information through written and verbal communications
- Strong critical thinking and risk mitigation skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in property management or a similar field
- A college degree is preferred. A High School Diploma is required
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Yardi experience a plus