IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT)
Occasional travel - You MAY be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You MAY qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
For entry at the GS-12 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-11 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume that they have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail
For the GS-12, you must have at least one year of Specialized Experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service, Military, or Private Sector.
Specialized Experience is defined as experience troubleshooting all facets of computer problems to minimize customer interruptions, developing user instructions manuals to satisfy customer needs, and evaluating new trends in the customer support field.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of the competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing competencies are required.
Competencies:Communication, Customer Service, Information Technology Customer Support, and Operations Support
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after submission of application.
There is no substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement at this grade level.
To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. You must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- This announcement will be used to fill many vacancies at a variety of locations.
- Security Clearance requirement may vary depending on the DISA organization selected for.
- Initial review of applicants will occur 7 days after the announcement opens.
- Additional reviews of applicants will occur at the 30 and 60 day cutoff and the closing date of the announcement.
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- Recall/On Call 24/7 may be required. Employee is subject to recall or call back during off-shift hours, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, if required by upper management depending on position selected for.
- Shift Work may be required. Employee may be required to work morning, swing, or Mid shifts depending on position selected for.
- Rotating Shift work may be required. Shift work may be required on a rotating basis.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs may be paid. They MUST be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives may be authorized. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program. For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Customer Service
- Information Technology Customer Support
- Operations Support
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10493658 Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required Yes