Occasional travel - Approximately 10% or less time will be required for travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Must successfully complete a Public Trust background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-13: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Developing and executing IT products. Ability to develop plans involving information technology in support of legal processing; provide technical support on custom software to employees; skill in addressing customer IT and customer service issues; ability to work with professional staff to determine IT requirements, meeting and dealing with managers and IT personnel in a legal firm or government agency.
GS-14: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Developing and executing IT products. Ability to develop plans involving complex information technology in support of legal processing; provide technical support on complex custom software to employees; skill in addressing customer IT and customer service issues; ability to work with professional staff to determine IT requirements, meeting and dealing with executives and IT personnel in a large legal firm or government agency.
The experience may have been gained in the public, private sector, or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
GS-13: You must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks. (time-in-grade requirement)
GS-14: You must have been at the GS-13 level for 52 weeks. (time-in-grade requirement)
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: 1) Knowledge of the organizational structure of IT and its various subcomponents and how to facilitate interactions; 2) Expert knowledge of the application of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish complex projects or studies of broad scope to improve short and long-range business program goals; 3) Broad knowledge of information technology, methods, and processes, computer applications, computer security and computer systems analysis to make recommendations for systems upgrades; 4) Ability to design and conduct comprehensive management studies for business systems of which there may be no precedent studies or projects; 5) Ability to plan, organize, and direct teams; 6) Ability to write in a clear, concise and persuasive manner for a variety of audiences and purposes. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No