Senior Information Technology Specialist (Cyber Security/Network Engineer)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Demonstrated 5+ years of network design and architecture experience, to include LAN, WAN, and production datacenter environments supporting web-hosting components and infrastructure, including web servers, application servers, load balancers, mail and DNS servers;
- Strong knowledge of firewalls and security appliances and their placement within complex network environments;
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols;
- Ability to use documentation to convert knowledge of general/theoretical concepts into network configurations on a wide range of equipment in a lab and global network environments;
- Strong knowledge of both interior and exterior routing protocols;
- Ability to assist team members in achieving their deliverables (understanding VLANs, routing, moving live hardware between cabinets without losing customer data, implementing automation for multiple platforms, investigating errors, etc.) and enhancing their skills;
- Experience in scripting skills utilizing Python and working knowledge of GitHub and version control best practices;
- Working knowledge of Ansible;
- Ability to balance business needs with security policies;
- Strong, systematic network troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, test them to failure, and identify the strengths/weaknesses of each for decision-makers (research and evaluate new hardware/software);
- Organizational skills with the ability to multitask, take direction, prioritize, and manage multiple activities / tasks to achieve objectives;
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- CISSP and other security certifications desired.
Candidate must have a college degree (computer-related) and/or five years' security-related experience.
Working for the Supreme Court of the United States offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. Additional benefits include flexible spending accounts, long-term care insurance, and the SmartBenefits transit subsidy.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review and assess your application package in comparison with the posted qualifications for the position.Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No