Information Technology Program Manager
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation may be provided.
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
Applicants applying for the GS-14 grade level must meet the following requirements:
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below
Attention to Detail - is through when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail
Customer Service -works with clients and customers (that is any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals work in the agency other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide, information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectation; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services
Oral Communication - expressing information (e.g., ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (e.g., technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately
Problem Solving - identifies and determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations
Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience in policy and planning competencies sufficient to apply the business value of information and utilize methods and approaches for sharing information through the use of IT assets; to develop knowledge management program plans, policies, and standards; provide input to the IT capital planning process; and develop and implement; interpret metrics for the evaluation it program effectiveness and efficiency
- Experience applying advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices sufficient to: accomplish assignments such as developing and interpreting policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and deliver of services throughout a Bureau providing expert technical advice, guidance and making recommendations to management and other technical specialist on critical IT issues applying new developments to previously unseasonable problems and making decisions or recommendations that significantly influence import agency IT policies or programs
- Experience applying, policy and planning concepts and practices; interrelationships of multiple IT disciplines and project management methods sufficient to work with other departments to establish priorities for IT investments, build cases, and demonstrate total cost of investment
- Experience demonstrating oral and written communication skills to develop and present reports, correspondence and briefing slides, as well as provide policy guidance to IT management, staff and customers
NOTE: In order to qualify for this position, your experience MUST be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-14 position.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION PROGRAM (E-Verify) – U.S. law requires organizations to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States - either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. This agency utilizes E-Verify to compare information from the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm employment eligibility. If the employee’s information does not match DHS and/or SSA records, the employee is given an opportunity to resolve the problem. If eligibility cannot be verified, employment will be terminated.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection procedures. Based on your responses to the job-specific self-assessment questions, eligible candidates are placed for selection consideration into one of three pre-defined quality categories as described below:
Highly-qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications for the position, candidates must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, candidates must demonstrate proficiency in some, but not all of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Ability to develop, interpret, and apply policies governing information technology;
- Knowledge of IT organization development;
- Knowledge of information technology life cycle management concepts;
- Ability to communicate in writing;
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services including customers;
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume should include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week. For assistance with creating a resume, please click
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each pre-defined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position to receive consideration for special priority.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. Your application package must contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes