SmithBucklin, the leading Association Management Company, is looking for an Association Operations Coordinator to join our Healthcare & Scientific Industry Practice in Washington, D.C.!
The Healthcare & Scientific unit offers unmatched association expertise and specific knowledge of the issues, challenges and actions distinctive to the changing healthcare environment. From legislative and regulatory advocacy, to building successful industry relations programs and understanding the intricacies of journal publishing and management issues, our association professionals bring extensive experience and considerable knowledge of the issues unique to healthcare-related associations. The Association Operations Coordinator plays an integral role in organizing a wide range of activities relating to general association management.
What You Will Do
- Assist with the preparation of various meeting publications
- Oversee client award and travel grant programs
- Coordinate and assist with conferences and meeting responsibilities; manage speaker reimbursement and prepare post-meeting reports for leadership
- Coordinate and execute the membership renewal program and identify opportunities to market and promote membership
- With the executive director and manager, review monthly financial statements and participate in the development of the annual budget, monthly financial forecasting and annual audit activities
- Assist with website and social media content management
- Produce a variety of member communications (including newsletters and e-alerts); maintain and update the client website
- Serve as liaison to various association committees
- Assist with government relations projects on behalf of the client association and its members
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a demonstrated history of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to prioritize a heavy workload
- You exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- You hold yourself to high customer service standards and handle interpersonal conflict with grace
- You work proactively to resolve anticipated needs of others
- You have the ability to travel up to 5%
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant professional experience
- Experience in a nonprofit and/or association environment, preferably a medical association
- Prior work experience with a government-affiliated organization
- Previous experience in budget management and forecasting
- Database management experience
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.