Business Systems Analyst
The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, definition and documentation for the design and testing of information system development; ensure that correct business functionality, requirements, and industry quality assurance standards are addressed within the computer applications selected or built; write technical specifications as needed; and assist in efforts to ensure the longevity of organizational products and systems.
- Analyze and evaluate business needs and use available analytical tools and techniques to recommend solution options.
- Assist business staff and leadership in solution evaluation and system selection.
- Consult with business staff to elicit and document detailed requirements.
- Develop technical specifications for use by internal and/or external developers.
- Provide quality assurance by tracing requirements; assisting users in the development of test plans and test case selection; coordinating and/or performing testing to ensure that documented requirements and business needs are met and the product delivers value to the organization.
- To ensure the maintenance and useful life of technology products at the association, assist product lifecycle management efforts by working with business owners and staff to identify and document future business needs and technology changes; guide and support maintenance of product backlogs; and contributing to product roadmaps.
- Develop, provide, or coordinate system training, educational tools and materials for internally developed and off-the-shelf business applications as needed.
- Actively participate on assigned project teams, including contributing to system selections, attending meetings, and responding to requests.
- Serve as project manager for small projects and helpdesk tickets as assigned.
- Respond to assigned helpdesk support tickets in a timely fashion.
- Participate in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
Knowledge typically acquired through:
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management;
- Three to five years of related experience
- Professional certifications and/or training through the International Institute of Business Analysis and/or Project Management Institute
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge:
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing and database software and/or business applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and project management software
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and document business processes
- Demonstrated ability to write complete, clear, and accurate requirements and specifications
- Demonstrated ability to develop user test plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize conflicting priorities
- Experience using reporting/query tools and/or constructing SQL statements preferred
- Experience with Association Management Systems, particularly netFORUM Enterprise, preferred
Scope and depth of non-technical skills/knowledge:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand concepts governing database and software design
- Close attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings
- Easily adapts to changing priorities
- Experience with association management preferred