Manager, Digital Marketing & Communications
We are the oldest and largest global professional membership organization representing the field of endocrinology. Our members come from 122 countries, with 40 percent living outside the United States. We are unique in that our members are not only on the frontier of breakthrough research discoveries, but they also apply this knowledge in the treatment of patients with hundreds of debilitating hormone-related diseases and conditions.
We are in our second century and energized by the promise of unraveling the mysteries of hormone disorders to cure and care for patients. We are passionate about our mission and are seeking a Manager, Digital Marketing & Communications who will help us deliver market growth by driving the right digital solutions to improve member engagement, increase revenue, and grow Society brand awareness. While this position works across all channels, emphasis is placed on email, web, and social media strategy.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- BA/BS, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, with at least 3 years of digital marketing experience, preferably in medical association/not-for-profit organization. Healthcare or pharma industry experience a plus.
- Experience with Higher Logic marketing automation, formerly Real Magnet, is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and Google AdWords desired.
- Must have demonstrated experience managing digital marketing campaigns, inclusive of social media, and content marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability communicating effectively across multiple mediums and digital platforms.
- Must be a multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to problem-solve and comfort level exploring new technologies and strategies to improve the customer/member experience and increase opportunities for online discussions and the sharing of information.
- Proven ability to keep abreast of industry trends to ensure messaging is relevant and differentiated.
- Flexible when working with others but have a sense of urgency toward meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in SharePoint and Microsoft Office Proficiency (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) required.
- Ability to learn new technology as required.
- Occasional travel and ability to attend some weekend meetings required.
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you’ll own:
- Lead the creation of insight-driven digital communication and marketing solutions by identifying and clearly articulating membership engagement opportunities.
- Develop digital communications strategy to include tactics, timing, and expected ROI by working collaboratively with other departments to continuously improve member engagement.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of target audiences and segmentation.
- Develop and implement email marketing campaigns and make recommendations on best practices and ways to automate messaging.
- Manage the Society’s social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and others TBD as they are developed.
- Evaluate and manage paid ad opportunities on Google, Facebook, and other platforms. Make recommendations to Marketing Department on how to optimize ad performance. Clearly define ad objectives and monitor to ensure goals are met.
- Provide analysis and metrics for the Society’s email and social media presence and use such data to improve strategies and tactics.
- Review and edit all web copy submissions, recommend edits to authors to maintain brand message continuity and website best practices.
- Maintain accessible calendars for web, email, social media and digital ads that is accessible to all relevant staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll do well:
- Effectively communicate ideas, thoughts and facts in writing. Demonstrate ability in using correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and sentence structure. Organize written ideas clearly. Tailor written communication to effectively reach audience. Express ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
- Consider the ability to plan and organize the work of a group, department or project and to establish effective priorities. Consider effective use of time. Demonstrate ability to “think outside the box” for solutions or ways to accomplish the job in a more effective way. Handle projects responsibly (including expense management). Prioritize as needed and meet deadlines. Communicate challenges/barriers to supervisor. Collaborate and share progress with others to get the project completed. Demonstrate effective delivery of completed project.
- Ensure that one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate; carefully prepare for meetings and presentations; follow up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Set up procedures to monitor and ensure high quality of work; act to verify information; check the accuracy of own and others' work; develop and use systems to organize and keep track of information or work progress; prepare for meetings and presentations; organize information or materials for others; review and check the accuracy of information in work reports.
- Work cooperatively with others to achieve common goals. Effectively work and complete assignments in group settings by listening and responding appropriately to other team members, offering support, conferring with team members about their concerns, expressing disagreement constructively and work towards solutions that all team members can support.
- Identify and deal with issues proactively and persistently; seize opportunities that arise. Identify what needs to be done and act before being asked or required. Do more than what is normally required in a situation. Seek out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives. Take independent action to change the direction of events.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to make a contribution in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom Metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA- CREF retirement plan with 10% employer contribution, submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.