Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- All positions in the Clerk's Office are excepted appointments and are "at will". Selected applicants will serve a one-year probationary period.
- Employees must adhere to the Code of Conduct. Employees are subject to strict confidentiality requirements.
- The successful applicant is subject to a background check and will be considered a provisional employee pending a favorable suitability determination.
- Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work for the United States government.
- Emergency after-hours duty is required on a rotating basis with other employees.
Two years of general experience. General experience consists of progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the possession of, or the ability to acquire, the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Education beyond the high school level may be substituted for the required general experience. One academic year (30 semester or 45 quarter hours) equals one year of general experience.
A minimum of one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience consists of progressively responsible clerical or administrative experience that demonstrates the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and includes experience in word processing, data entry, and report generation. Prior federal court or legal administrative experience is desirable.
The successful applicant must have exceptional organizational and time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. The successful applicant must be self-directed and able to communicate effectively with the legal and judicial community as well as the general public. Attention to detail and proficiency in document preparation, file maintenance, and record keeping are required. Excellent computer skills are essential.
Please read the "Qualifications" section.
The United States Court of Appeals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selected applicants will be subject to mandatory electronic transfer of funds for payment of net pay. The United States Courthouse is a smoke-free building.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated based on application and interview.Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No