Telephonic Nurse Reviewer
The Nurse Registrar serves as an expert resource for nurse-related issues in the Certification Department by analyzing application data, transcripts, and supporting documents to determine candidate eligibility for certification or recertification. Responsibilities also include answering telephone calls received via the Nurse Registrar telephone queue and communicating with clinicians via telephone and email regarding eligibility and renewal requirements.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION: Apply online at https://www.nursingworld.org/ana-enterprise-jobs/ or email your resume to email@example.com
- Primarily responsible for reviewing individual certification and recertification applications to ensure current eligibility requirements are met. This includes detailed review and analysis of supporting documentation, such as transcripts and validation of education forms, and verification of registered nurse licenses. Refers applications to Senior Nurse Registrar, as necessary. Responsible for answering telephone calls received via the Nurse Registrar queue, as scheduled by Manager, Certification Registration. Communicates with applicants and faculty to clarify items submitted for certification and recertification when requirements are not met. Represents ANCC at exhibits and conferences, upon request.
Current Registered Nurse License, required. Baccalaureate in Nursing, or equivalent work experience, required.
Related Work Experience
· 5 years nursing experience
· Customer service experience
· Experience working with databases, including data entry
· Prior experience in Triage, Telehealth, or related experience a plus but not required
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Strong telephone skills
· Skills in crisis management and/or de-escalating issues helpful
· Competent user of Microsoft Office products
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to travel, with occasional overnight stays and weekends (anticipated to be up to three times/year for tradeshows and/or conferences)
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range ofrestaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
· Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
· 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
· 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
· Excellent matching 401K plan
· Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
· Flexible Spending Accounts