Biopharmaceutical trade association seeks a Communications Specialist to assist in designing and implementing the Association’s media strategy utilizing social media channels and earned media opportunities.
The Communications specialist will:
- Develop editorial calendars for social media content and draft content to be shared.
- Manage advertising/promotion campaigns on Twitter and Facebook.
- Produce status reports to determine effectiveness of social media content and advertising campaigns.
- Develop knowledge of media sources and markets determined to be most likely to help achieve the Association’s earned media goals.
- Manage proactive pitching and securing of media coverage.
- Assist with creation of press materials.
- Draft press releases and articles.
- Assist in preparing for trade show exhibit opportunities.
- Assist in interviewing and writing for Association publications.
- Review and edit website content.
- Assist with developing presentations and support materials.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field, preferred.
- 3-5 years professional experience involving social media content creation and strategic advertising.
- Proven track-record of successful media pitching.
- Experience dealing with media on sensitive and complex issues.
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of social media (primarily Facebook and Twitter) advertising and promotional concepts and strategies.
- Proficiency in online content management systems, specifically Joomla, preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Quick learner, with the ability to distill complicated subject material for lay audiences.
- Strong writing skills.
- Graphic design skills.
- Understanding of media monitoring software.
- Team player.
Submit resume and salary requirements to:
PPTA Human Resources, email@example.com
Apply for Communications Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly