Division Director, Division of Computer and Network Systems, CISE
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation may be paid contingent on availability of funds.
- Requires an "Executive Branch Personnel Public Financial Disclosure Report" (OGE-278).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
EXECUTIVE/MANAGERIAL (E/Ms): Unless you are currently under a career SES appointment, are eligible for reinstatement into SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program approved by OPM, you must submit written statements (narrative format) describing accomplishments that would satisfy the E/Ms. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as "ineligible."
1. Leading Change. This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent in this E/M is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People. This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent in this E/M is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results-Driven Leadership. This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent in this E/M is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen. This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions. This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, non-profit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL (P/Ts): All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately.
1. Ph.D. or equivalent professional experience or a combination of education and equivalent experience in computer and information science and engineering.
2. Familiarity with Federal, academic and industrial research and education initiatives focused on state-of-the-art computer and information science and engineering.
3. Substantial research and education contributions and strong evidence of scholarship focusing on computer and information science and engineering, including publication of research, and recognized effective, innovative leadership in research administration.
4. Skill in recognizing, developing, and implementing approaches and programs, that build on the expertise and knowledge of researchers and educators in multiple disciplines to develop solutions to important cross-cutting research and education problems.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of relevant academic community and recognized professional standing in the computer and information science and engineering community as evidenced by publications and/or professional leadership and awards.
When responding to the P/T and E/M qualifications, you must clearly show that you possess the experience, knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of this position by submitting narrative responses in which you detail your experience in each of the E/Ms and P/Ts.
Your examples should be clear and emphasize your level of responsibilities, scope, and complexity of the programs managed and program accomplishments with results of your actions, policy initiatives and level of contacts.
Applicants who do not provide narrative statements addressing both the E/M and P/T qualifications will only be considered for an IPA assignment, if applicable.
Applicants currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment, eligible for reinstatement into SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program (CDP) approved by OPM are not required to address the Executive/Managerial Qualifications (ECQs/EMs); but a narrative statement for each of the Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs) is recommended.
To view additional information on the proper preparation of Executive Core Qualification (ECQs) statements, applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Executive Qualifications.
Security Clearance: Public Trust
The Senior Executive Service (SES) covers managerial positions above GS-15 in the Federal Service. Persons appointed to the SES are eligible for health benefits, life insurance, social security, Federal retirement and thrift savings plan coverage, and participate in the Federal leave system. Competitive status is not required, veteran's preference does not apply and there are no grade restrictions.
The position may be filled on a one to three year Senior Executive Service (SES) Limited Term Appointment or Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) assignment basis. Under the provisions of the IPA, assignees remain on the payroll of his/her home institution and the institution continues to administer pay and benefits. The National Science Foundation (NSF) will reimburse the home institution for NSF's negotiated share of the costs.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated by an Evaluation Panel of senior officials. The panel will rate and rank applicants on the basis of the quality and extent of total accomplishments, experience and education. The panel will determine the degree to which candidates possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the professional/technical qualifications of the position and the executive/managerial qualifications to determine the best qualified candidates. The best qualified candidates will be referred to the appropriate official who will recommend selection. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, physical disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit reason.
There are no questions to preview in the link below.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No