This position is responsible for ordering, receiving, inventory control, and delivery of
supplies and equipment used by school custodial staff in Loudoun County Public Schools. Plans
efficient delivery routes on a recurring schedule to maintain a custodial supply inventory at
each school. Monitors material usage at each school site and identifies discrepancies to
supervisor. Recommends changes and improvements to custodial equipment and supplies.
materials for warehouse storage; loads and delivers materials to the school sites on a
* Conducts weekly inventories of custodial supplies at each school and restocks the school
custodial supplies to pre-established inventory control levels.
* Works with Custodial Supervisor in developing custodial supply inventory levels.
* Daily operation of a forklift and delivery truck with/without a hydraulic lift gate.
* Receives shipments, processes packing lists, invoices and other shipping related
* Assembles custodial equipment for delivery to school sites.
* Performs other work as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the following
knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Experience performing warehouse work, organizing and maintaining a warehouse
* Working knowledge of methods, materials, and best practices in proper use and care of
equipment associated with custodial work.
* Ability to inventory existing custodial supplies and determine additional requirements to
maintain maximum and minimum supply levels.
* Ability to maintain records associated with job duties.
* Ability to operate a desktop computer and computer tablet, experience using a
computer based inventory control system and work order management system.
* Excellent human relations and communication skills.
Required Qualifications: Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and climb
a ladder; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach
with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is required to
see for the safe operation of a motor vehicle and other material handling equipment. May occasionally
be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.