Fleet Specialist - Service Center
The Fleet Specialist provides support to the Central Garage and Service Center staff regarding customer service, road
service requests, and quality assurance. Performs vehicle-scheduling routines and ensures integrity of supporting work
orders and fueling data.
the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed
• Assists with the management of design, implementation, and maintenance of the customer service quality
• Represents the Central Garage and Service Center as a liaison to support internal and external customers by
providing front line problem resolutions.
• Produces and expedites vehicle service schedules to meets daily requirements.
• Communicates with all internal and external customers regarding service appointments, including vehicles
and trailers assigned to schools.
• Adjusts service schedule to meet individual customer needs and reschedules vehicles appointments.
• Responds to inquiries and requests regarding vehicle breakdowns, arranging spare/loaner vehicles, and
directing drivers and staff members on the procedures of LCPS and admin motor pool policy.
• Works with school based and support staff to manage and document motor pool and spare vehicle
• Coordinates pick up and return of LCPS vehicles and trailers requiring service, notifies when service work is
• Maintains data integrity of the Fleet Maintenance computer systems through execution of work order
quality assurance process and imaging.
• Maintains vehicle assignment database.
• Creates Facility services work orders for all vehicles assigned to Facilities Maintenance Department.
• Processes and assures integrity of automated fuel transaction data; processes and performs error
corrections of fuel transaction information. Reviews the vehicle utilization reports and communicates
directly with vehicle operators to resolve odometer discrepancies.
• Creates, modifies, and updates work orders daily. Completes all Department of Motor Vehicle requirements,
including tags, titles, registrations documentation submission and record keeping.
• Monitors vehicle usage, identifies under usage of LCPS vehicles; recommends vehicle swaps or replacements
to suit the needs of the driver/departments.
• Follows established procedures and refers items for interpretation to Service Center management.
• High School diploma or GED required
• One year of experience in performing clerical work in a municipal fleet maintenance organization
• Experience working with MS Office, Google Suites, and establishing schedules
• Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills
• Possess ability to use computers and office automation software to create and modify spreadsheets,
compile memos, and use databases regularly
• Capable of working in a high-paced environment
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers
accurately, and quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and
apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time.
Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.