Management and Program Analyst (Project Manager)
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 days per month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-13 Level: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience performing a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, sufficient to conduct various analytical studies and serve as an advisor to management; experience applying management principles and processes to perform project/program management studies to effectively coordinate and integrate project objectives and recommendations. Experience preparing communications, briefings, and/or analysis documents on issues to management and executives. Prepare action plans and schedules for various phases of program accomplishment, both short and long-range and ensures that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies; Assist with conducting briefings and co-authoring comprehensive reports to keep managers or executives advised of program progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
Positions are located in The Chief Financial Office; (5 vacancies) in Outreach Assessment and Reporting (OAR) / Audit Coordination (AC); (1 vacancy) in Enterprise Assurance and Control (EAC) at 1111 Constitution Ave. Washington, D.C. 20224 (DC0022)
POSITION DESCRIPTION 91601
A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at: https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of selection and annually from then on.
- If you are an IRS/Treasury employee eligible for consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must submit proof of eligibility by 11:59 PM ET on the closing date of this announcement. If you have any questions concerning your eligibility please refer back to the CTAP Documentation link in the vacancy under How You Will Be Evaluated.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Applicants may be asked to submit a writing sample during the hiring process for consideration during the selection process.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated on the competencies of the position to be filled per the IRS Merit Promotion Plan in the following areas: Analysis and Decision Making, Leadership, Project Management, Oral and Written Communications, Strategic Thinking.
Your application will also be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. IRS employees may obtain most recent awards listing at https://persinfo.web.irs.gov/
Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: You will be assigned to one of three quality groups. Each group represents a quality level (i.e., Superior/Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, Qualified). Candidates will be considered in quality group order. If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) you must receive a score of HIGHLY QUALIFIED or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No