Business Development Manager
Xenia Systems LLC, a growing government services provider, currently has an opening for a Senior Business Development professional working from our office in the Dulles Virginia area.
The Business Development (BD) Manager will be a key member of the corporate team focused on identifying and winning new business with Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) customers. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a pipeline of new business opportunities from identification through capture and proposal submission. The ideal candidate will possess an active government issued security clearance.
- 10+ years of experience with business development and/or capture efforts for the DoD, Intelligence community, and other potential federal clients.
- Create and implement strategies and actions within DoD and Intelligence Mission areas that create, identify, develop, and qualify profitable new business opportunities that grow the business.
- Develop and maintain customer understanding and relationships.
- Identify and develop relationships with strategic teaming partners.
- Identify major influencers and decision makers to help drive and sustain revenue growth.
- Develop short- and long-term pipeline of opportunities and effectively communicate all opportunities and plans for management and/or teams.
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external business relationships with clients and industry partners.
- Demonstrate expertise in all aspects of the business development life cycle from identification of new opportunities through capture, proposal development, and new program start.
- Lead teams and stakeholders throughout the BD/capture process.
- Network existing relationships with large and small businesses supporting DoD and the intelligence community, including teaming contacts.
- Track and manage weekly/monthly/quarterly status reports outlining pipeline and department activities.
- Significant experience working with an array of DoD customers such as the US Army, US Navy, USMC, DIA, and DHS.
- Initiative, high energy, and passion for developing new business.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key stakeholders and business drivers for DoD and Intel Community customers.
- Record of significant business growth.
- Record of identifying, creating, developing, qualifying, and winning new business opportunities.
- Strong mix of defense and military experience in the areas of Intelligence Leadership, military operations, cyber, and other areas.
- Demonstrated experience and results in targeting select markets, identifying, qualifying and winning new business opportunities.
- Possess versatile and persuasive written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with defense and military customers.
- Must have US citizenship and ability to gain access to customer sites.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A current Secret Clearance or higher.
- Familiarity with the Shipley Business Development Life Cycle approach to capturing and winning new business.
- Understanding of the DoD 5000 process.
- BD and/or Capture certification a plus.