Attorney - Advisor (Deputy Chief Counsel)
Occasional travel - one (1) to five (5) nights per month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- be a member in good standing of the bar in any state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; AND
- possess a J.D. or LL.B from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA); AND
- have AT LEAST seven (7) years of experience as a practicing attorney in the Federal service or private sector with demonstrated experience in the following areas: general AND administrative law. At least two (2) years of experience must have been at the GS-14 level or equivalent.
Applicants must possess a J.D. or LL.B from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA).
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Since this is an Excepted Service position, a non-rated method of evaluation will be used. We will evaluate your application by comparing your description of your work experience, level of responsibility, and accomplishments with the requirements of the position to determine whether you meet all the qualification requirements. Competitive examining rules for rating and ranking do not apply.
There is no formal rating system for applying veterans' preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the US MINT considers veterans' preference eligibility as a positive factor in attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veterans' preference are encouraged to include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documentation (e.g., DD Form 214 or other substantiating documents) to their submissions.
Bar Membership: Applicants must currently be an active member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or a federal court of general jurisdiction.
Referral: Candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements will be referred to the selecting official for consideration and possible interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No