Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
Degree: economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus. OR
Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
In addition to meeting the basic education requirements, to qualify at the GS-14 level applicants must have at least one (1) full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular ability, skill, and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line of work.
Specialized experience includes the following:
- Experience managing and conducting studies or segments of programs or projects related to basic economic problems;
- Experience drafting recommendations for policy through economic assessments of impacts, costs and benefits of alternative proposals for regulatory and standards initiatives; fulfilling the requirements of EO 12866, Circular A-4, and EO 13563;
- Experience performing economic quantification for risks and risk avoidance associated with prospective marine transportation industries and the marine environment initiatives; and
- Experience in mentoring or leading a small group of economists.
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The Office of Personnel management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule, C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
This position has a positive education requirement. If you are including education on your resume, report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. See Required Documents section for detail.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet Federal qualification requirements if you can show that your foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence with your application. See Recognition of Foreign Qualifications click here
Applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. Certain responses on the form could pose a problem with suitability for employment determinations. If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete/make updates to the OF-306 and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, or imprisonment.
DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about e-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities at click here
Recruitment incentives may be authorized.
All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit.
For Veterans' preference eligibility, visit Veterans' Employment Resources. Veterans, Peace Corps/VISTA volunteers, and persons with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. See the required documents section of the announcement.
More than one (1) selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade, and unit occur within 45 days from the date the certificate was issued.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application and hiring process, please contact 202-795-6351. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Visit Reasonable Accommodation
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be referred for consideration. The following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities are needed to perform this job:
- Knowledge of economics, economic theory, and economic practice.
- Knowledge of management principles, organizational theory, and techniques of analysis to plan, schedule, and conduct multiple complex and difficult economic research and analysis projects concurrently.
- Skill in the rapid identification, location, and assimilation of required new knowledge concerning organizations, programs and issues.
- Skill in the application of economic theory, economic research techniques, analytical methods, techniques, and findings, and quantitative and qualitative tools, including computer software.
- Ability to represent organization before peers, senior managers, and persons or groups outside the immediate organizations to instruct, train, guide and counsel on the application of economic analysis and to employ economic analysis.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No