Director Payment Policy and Financial Management Group
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Written Communication, Continual Learning, and Public Service Motivation.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
This position also requires that you possess PTQs that represent knowledge, skills, and abilities essential for success in this role. The following PTQs must be evident in your resume.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, oversee and participate in operations for complex payment and collection programs related to Federal government programs, specifically those regarding private health insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, review and oversee policies related to complex payment and collection programs related to Federal government programs, specifically those regarding private health insurance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payment processing systems, information technology infrastructure and business flows or requirements necessary for such processes related to Federal government programs, specifically those regarding private health insurance.
It is STRONGLY recommended that you visit the following Office of Personnel Management (OPM) webpage for more information regarding the Fundamental Competencies and ECQs.
If selected, you will be required to complete an ECQ package by drafting narratives for each of the ECQs for submission and certification by an OPM Qualifications Review Board (QRB) in order to be placed in this position. If you are currently serving in a career SES appointment, are eligible for reinstatement into the SES, or have successfully completed an SES Candidate Development Program approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), you will not need to draft the ECQs.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Salary for SES positions varies depending on qualifications. The annual salary range is found at the top of this announcement. The selectee for this position may be eligible for annual performance bonuses and performance-based pay adjustments.
Veteran's Preference does not apply to the SES.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
- Minimum requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found 'not qualified' if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
- Rating: A panel of Senior Executives will review your application and evaluate your qualification for this position based on the information in your application. Your application will be rated, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of this position. Interviews will be at the discretion of the panel and/or selection official.
- Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selection official for consideration and possible interview.