SENIOR OFFICER-DEPUTY DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Time-in-grade for this announcement is one year at the GS/SK-14 level.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
SO-01: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-14 level. Specialized experience includes:
- Providing leadership and guidance in the full range of human development and human resources management activities, which may include: recruitment, new employee orientation; training; classification; staffing; compensation; performance management; benefits administration; workforce and succession planning; employee and labor relations; and human capital policy; and
- Providing advice and guidance to staff on human resources planning, policy and operations issues; and
- Working with leadership in developing and implementing an organization's human capital strategies, policies, and legislative proposals based on and influenced by budget and workforce projections, congressional mandates, administration goals, and mission needs.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Disability Employment: For information on disability appointments, please visit http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, you must be a preference eligible or a Veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
LAND MANAGEMENT WORKFORCE FLEXIBILITY ACT (LMWFA): The LMWFA provides current or former temporary or term employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. Individuals must have more than 24 months of service without a break between appointments of two or more years. Service must be in the competitive service and have been at a successful level of performance or better. For more information, click here.
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
- Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
- Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
- Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
- Other Special Appointment Authorities
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Information for SEC Job Applicants: Federal EEO laws protect all applicants from discrimination on the following bases: race, color, sex (not limited to conduct which is sexual in nature, includes pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status), age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, retaliation for participating in the EEO process or opposing discrimination. Applicants who believe they have been discriminated against on any EEO basis can seek recourse through the SEC's administrative complaints process. To be timely, an individual must enter the EEO process within 45 days from when they know (or should have known) of the alleged discrimination. Click here for additional information.
TTY/ASCII: Video Relay Service users are welcome to contact the appropriate SEC office or employee via the contact information listed above. If you do not otherwise have access to a Video Phone or Video Relay service, you may send us an email or use the Federal Video Relay Service via the internet. For more information about using the Federal Relay Service and to create a new account, please see: http://fedvrs.us/ Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. All applicants found to be minimally qualified will be required to provide narrative responses (500 words or less per question) regarding the executive (core) and technical qualifications. After the announcement closing date, an HR specialist will determine if you meet the minimum qualifications described in the Qualifications Section. If you do, you will receive an email asking you to respond to the core and technical qualifications listed below. You must provide your responses within the established deadline.
You will be rated on the following Competencies:
1. Management Experience: Experience designing and implementing strategies which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals.
2. Leading Change/Achieving Results: Experience developing and implementing an organizational vision which integrates key national and program goals, priorities, values, and other factors of that organization. Examples should include experience implementing change in his/her organization, exercising leadership and motivating managers to incorporate vision and strategic planning into the process.
3. Building Coalitions/Communications: Experience explaining, advocating, and expressing facts and ideas (both orally and in writing) in a convincing manner. Work environment may be experience working with the press, political appointees, Congress, and other high-level organizational leaders and staff on various types of important national issues. Experience includes working in groups and teams conducting briefings with outside groups and gaining cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
1. Knowledge and understanding of the strategic management of an organization's human capital.
2. Ability to analyze complex problems and devise innovative solutions.
The Occupational Questionnaire will take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. To preview the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10477363.