EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Document Specialist/Proofreader to work within our Publications department. This position is located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
* Proofread, mark-up, and format technical manuals, reports, proposals, letters, presentations, tables, graphics, and miscellaneous material based on established
* Administrative Services proofing guidelines, templates, and specified work levels.
* Refer to reference lists provided for abbreviations and acronym derivations, trademarks and product names, HNS' customer names, and general and technical usages and spelling.
* Use the established quality control list to ensure completion of all necessary details.
* Have the skills necessary to proofread and make corrections online utilizing Microsoft Office applications when needed to complete document processing.
* Fulfill scheduled weeknight and weekend overtime requirements.
* Fill in as needed in other areas of the department
* Must be prepared to work overtime at least one night per week and weekend rotation, which includes Friday night.
* 1 year of experience using Microsoft Office applications to produce professional documentation
* Experience in Chicago style writing
* Excellent American (as distinguished from British) English language and communication skills, both written and oral required
* Good spelling, eagerness to look things up, and neat, legible handwriting are essential
* AbilityÂ to thrive in a team environment under deadline pressures
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.