Program Manager (Logistics)
50% or less - The incumbent will deploy to the Antarctic to perform oversight responsibilities.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
You will need to satisfactorily complete a physical examination according to standards used for USAP medical/dental screening for travel to Antarctica.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field, plus after award of the Bachelor's degree, ten or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position; OR a Master’s degree in appropriate field, plus after award of the degree, eight or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position.
Relevant experience includes managing and overseeing the planning and execution of complex operations in remote environments.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
This announcement is open to All US Citizens.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
The Selected Candidate(s) may be subject to a background investigation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position. In some cases, additional assessment processes may also be used.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Demonstrated experience in planning, managing, overseeing, and critically evaluating logistical operations, to include movement and tracking of cargo and passengers.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in developing annual and long-range financial plans including budget estimation, development, and accounting of expenditures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contracts, MOAs, and interagency agreements, and their implementation including negotiations of statements of work, cost, and performance evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve issues with equivalent ranking levels of management in the military, civilian Federal service, and private sectors.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No