Financial Management Analyst
Occasional travel - Less than 10%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Time-In-Grade Requirement: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5CFR 300, Subpart F.
To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as described in the occupational/assessment questionnaire and as outlined below.
Applicants applying for the GS-09 grade level must meet one of the following requirements:
A. Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Using an automated system to assist customers with travel processes;
- Resolving customer error messages received in a travel system;
- Advising customers about government travel regulations; OR
B. Have a Master’s or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.B or J.D., if related. OR
C. Have a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience (as described above), which is equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal Service. This experience and education together meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
VEOA ELIGIBLES: If applying under VEOA, you must include your DD-214, SF-15 and VA letter (if applicable). If you are still on active duty, you may submit a statement of service from your unit which states the date you entered active duty and the date you are separating. Your separation date must be within 90 days of the closing date of this announcement. For more information on the VEOA, consult the Vets Guide at: Veteran's Guide.
CTAP/ICTAP Eligibility: Individuals claiming special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be rated at 85 or above and submit all required documentation listed below.
E-Verify: DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their attainment of these KSAs in an online job questionnaire. The KSAs are:
- Knowledge of travel regulations, laws, policies, procedures and practices to process employee travel requests and entitlements.
- Knowledge of charge card regulations, laws, policies, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of financial and budgetary regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Skill in oral communication in order to effectively deal with employees, supervisors, timekeepers, customer service representatives, and personnel offices to answer financial questions, requests, and verify information resolve routine problems.
- Skill in written communication relating to financial issues.
- Knowledge of automated financial systems, word processing, spreadsheet, and database.
After the closing date of the announcement, we will review your resume to ensure that qualification and eligibility requirements are met. If we use the Category Rating procedure, and it is determined that you meet the minimum qualification requirements, your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
NOTE: If a determination is made that qualifications and/or experience have been inflated, your score will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No