Cook (CYS) NA-06
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
(1) A minimum of six (6) months of work experience (ex: prepare basic food dishes, store foods to prevent spoiling, etc.), that included skill in working with professional kitchen appliances (e.g., kitchen knives, mixers, blenders, ice machines, stoves, etc.) and equipment (e.g., microwaves, toasters, etc.).
(2) Be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English.
(ex: Follow written and verbal instructions in the English language, particularly standard recipes, and detailed cooking instructions)
(3) Ability to lift and carry up to forty (40) pounds on a routine basis.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Basic knowledge of food preparation principles and practical understanding of the physical processes that occur in cooking. Knowledge of proper cooking temperatures and preparation methods for a variety of foods. Ability to schedule and coordinate preparation of a number of different foods in order to ensure that they are ready for service at the appropriate mealtime. Knowledge of food borne illnesses, food safety, and proper storage methods for hot and cold food items in order to prevent loss or illness due to spoilage. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, particularly standard recipes, and detailed cooking instructions. Skill in operating and cleaning a wide variety of food service equipment, including special equipment for the preparation of large volume items. Skill in carving, preparing garnishes, and assembling attractive platters, salads, and other food presentations.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 30 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
The pay for this position will be set at step 01 of the grade ($15.41 per hour). Applicants with previous NAF service may be eligible for a higher hourly rate upon verification of prior service and previous rate.
Use of Military Spouse Preference
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a Regular Part-Time position (for example decline: interview, tentative/official job offer, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)