This position reports to the Chief Maintenance Officer and is responsible for managing and supervising others in performing the needed maintenance to ensure the proper functioning of the mechanical, electrical equipment and plumbing system as well as the interior and exterior maintenance for all HOC properties. Will assist the Director of Maintenance with the preparation of property operating and capital budgets, submitting budget recommendations, preparing cost estimates and monitoring expenditures. Oversee Maintenance Supervisors and staff in performing unit rehab work, tracking the completion of work orders, work order processes, and purchase orders. With the assistance of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position will be responsible for managing the training and career development of skilled trade staff through skill assessment, appeal of certifications and monitoring maintenance career ladder activities for promotion and advancement of service labor trade employees.
- A minimum of an Associate of Arts Degree in a maintenance trade, or multiple completion of Certificates for classes attended, or Licenses or/registrations in the maintenance trades or the equivalent experience. Requires a Bachelor's in Engineering or Business Management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the maintenance of multifamily dwellings to include electrical, plumbing, heating, venting, and air conditioning systems as well as interior and exterior building maintenance which must include experience supervising others in the work.
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated Maintenance Management/Supervisory experience.
- Solid working knowledge of automated work order control systems and the ability to effectively use a personal computer for word processing, spreadsheet design and data retrieval to provide production and completion reports.
- Effective language skills, writing skills, mathematical skills, reasoning ability and customer service.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology systems and Microsoft Excel required.
- Must have advanced knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and electrical skills.
- Must have ability to lift heavy objects (50 – 100 lbs.).
- Must have ability to deal tactfully, effectively and courteously with the public and co-workers.
- Must have ability to use Microsoft Suite. Yardi experience is a plus.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record and own transportation required.