Senior Coordinator, Academic Affairs & Internationalization
Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director, Academic Affairs & Internationalization, the Senior Coordinator facilitates engagement of academic leadership, senior international officers (SIOs) and senior academic leaders by providing an advanced level of technical, administrative, logistical and design support through the development and delivery of high-quality programming related to internationalization and global learning.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Manage, implement, and support a diverse portfolio of SIO professional development, global learning integration programs, and internationalization events (35%)
- Conduct speaker, facilitator, and subject matter expert research and administer speaker agreements
- Plan logistical arrangements, coordinate resources, and manage accompanying material research and preparation
- Assist Senior Director in tracking expenses, reconciling budgets and documenting usage data
- Support the Deputy Executive Director in organizing the NAFSA Presidents Day and Provosts Summit program at the annual conference.
Researches and manages all aspects of online technical support for AAI programming and events (30%)
- Provide administrative, logistical, and technical support to AAI programs and events marketed and sold as professional development e-learning opportunities
- Manage scheduled and live event logistics as well as prepare both pre-and post-event support materials
- Manage relationships with various vendors and online platform providers
- Collaborate with presenters, partners, and NAFSA colleagues to develop additional resources (publications, web documents, conference sessions, etc.) derived from these events and activities
- Coordinate program events and resources with AAI colleagues working with the IEL and TLS knowledge communities and other knowledge community partners as appropriate
Coordinate the promotion and marketing of AAI programs and events (30%)
- Create and maintain lists of prospective invitees, working with Marketing to develop appropriate marketing strategies
- Conduct targeted outreach to campuses, and internationalization administrators, faculty and administrative members of the various academic disciplines to align program offerings with emerging interests in a field
- Ensure that descriptions of AAI events and programs (Architecture for Global Learning, Presidents and Provosts Summit, AAI Podcasts, Global Learning Lab, AAI Signature Events, webinars and professional e-learning events) are up to date, accurate, and compelling
- Ensure that program content and materials are made available for sale on NAFSA online store post event by collaborating with appropriate NAFSA colleagues and departments
- Gather, tabulate, and prepare reports indicating overall participant satisfaction with programs and gauge the extent to which objectives are met; make recommendations for future programming
- Ensure that activities and resources related to AAI programs, services, podcasts, and events are accurate, current and logically situated on NAFSA’s webpages
All other duties as assigned, including providing back-up support to the Membership Frontline Specialist within the rotation of other NAFSA staff members who cover the front desk (5%)
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, with strong editorial capabilities (writing, editing, proofreading)
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of excellent customer relations support using a variety of communication mediums and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and assignments while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to foster collaborative and productive relationships among staff and external members, speakers, and customers.
- Ability to master various technology, web, and data management systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience designing and/or facilitating online learning
- Exposure to the design and management of logistics for events (e.g., workshops, symposia, etc.) for educator audiences
- Experience with audio social media (podcasts) and podcast/video software editing
- Experience with HTML, learning management systems and/or databases
- Familiarity with learning technologies and software solutions
- Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association, membership or nonprofit organization
- Exposure to event coordination or planning
- Previous customer support or technical support experience
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference or other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace to all employees. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.