Industry & Company
Alphatec PC is an architectural and engineering design firm specializing in federal and local government new construction and major renovation projects. Our 50 years of dedication to design excellence has established Alphatec PC’s award winning portfolio and strong commitment to energy efficient and environmentally responsible buildings. With an emphasis on technical ability, the key markets we serve range from institutional, government, military, education, and commercial clientele.
Highly specialized and prototypical applications include secure aircraft hangars with user-driven configuration capabilities, biomedical R&D laboratories, data centers, power plants, transportation facilities, campus and facility infrastructure, and training barracks’. Sustainable design is a focus of the firm and is embodied within each design, with the majority of projects achieving LEED Silver certification.
Why choose Alphatec PC? You will be a core member of the Alphatec PC electrical engineering effort working under the direction of Principal leadership and the Lead Electrical Engineer. Your focus will be centered on highly coordinated facilities with winning design driven by collaboration and an integrated design approach. Successful candidates will join a team of highly skilled professionals to achieve project and company goals. Our professionals are eager to lend a hand, idea, or well-timed rally while developing sustainable building systems that solve performance and modernization issues and help facilitate life cycle value for the end user.
- Core role within the electrical engineering department, with Alphatec PC offering additional opportunities for a leadership role within the company for electrical engineers who perform at an exceptional level within their practice area.
- Develop design solutions for power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and low voltage communications systems with integrated architecture and engineering project design teams.
- Manage and prepare basic deliverables such as equipment selection, calculations, construction documents, specifications, design analysis, and completion of projects.
- Must be able to assist in leading multi-discipline design teams on multiple projects, provide adequate management of tasks assigned, exhibit technical leadership and support to team members, and verify that all work is completed as planned and scheduled.
- Client interface with natural ability to collaborate with end-users, governing bodies, sub-consultants, and teammates.
- Contribute to the Alphatec PC sustainable design initiatives by using a variety of applications to perform electrical loads, short circuit analysis, generator loads, and lighting calculations.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate, under the direction of the lead Engineer/Project Manager and project leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and/or MSEE.
- EIT required. PE license preferred for Washington D.C., Maryland, and/or Virginia.
- Mid-Level, 3-7 years experience in the design of electrical systems.
- Proficiency in AUTODESK Building Design Suite.
- CEM, RCDD, LEED GA or LEED AP BD+C preferred.
- Broad knowledge of standard codes and compliance methods, including DoD UFC criteria.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects.
- US citizenship and valid driver's license required for government clearance.
- Experience in all project phases (design, CD’s & follow-on) is preferred.
- Design exposure to diverse applications and aspects of design, including design analysis reports and specifications.
Insurance, Health & Wellness
- BlueCross BlueShield PPO:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Dental Insurance (optional)
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- STD/LTD Package
Financial & Retirement Insurance
- 401k and Retirement Plan Participation Upon One Year Employment
Family and Planning
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Family Medical Leave
- Unpaid Extended Leave
Vacation & Time Off
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time-Off for the Week Between Christmas and New Years
Applicants will be tested at time of interview as to CAD/BIM proficiency.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and look forward to your participation.