Bolton is a growing benefits consulting firm that offers employee benefits consulting and brokerage services to employer groups of all sizes and in all market segments. Our services help clients design, implement, and manage employee benefits programs that best meet the strategic goals and financial objectives of their organizations.
Bolton’s success has fueled an atmosphere of collaboration across services lines, contagious energy and passion for what we do. We employ over 100 employees, serve clients located across the US with offices in 6 locations and are headquartered in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
This is an entry level position supporting our actuarial services, system programing, and pension plan administration services provided to a federal government agency and other clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list of duties and responsibilities are examples of the work successful candidates will be asked to perform. Candidates may not be involved with all of these functions as a regular part of their duties. We are looking for multiple candidates, and some may focus more on these duties than others.
- Prepare PBGC plan termination valuations for trusteed terminated single employer defined benefit plans
- Prepare/review benefit calculations for participants in PBGC trusteed defined benefit plans and support other related plan administration tasks
- Assist with the development of specialized actuarial studies and reports
- Writing technical documentation including summaries of complex plan provisions, work procedures, and case reports
- Using multiple software to complete tasks such as: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, PL/SQL, Oracle, VBA, Spreadsheet Gear, Java, XML, C#, C++ and proprietary valuation software. Skills in modeling are also desirable.
- Data research and analysis for valuations, benefit calculations and other actuarial related purposes
- Performing system testing on various actuarial systems
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Training will be provided on the specific tasks involved in completing the Essential Duties and Responsibilities, to the extent the individual is not already familiar with these requirements. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
None required. Preference may be given to candidates that have demonstrated success at passing Society of Actuaries examinations and plan to continue pursuing actuarial credentials.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, PL/SQL, Oracle, VBA, Spreadsheet Gear, Java, XML, C#, C++ and skills in modeling are preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Candidates must be able to work in the US without restrictions.
Bolton is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.