Front End Web Developer
3 days left
- Full Time
Title: Front End Web Developer
Department: College of Arts & Humanities, University of Maryland, College Park
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications
The College of Arts & Humanities at University of Maryland, College Park, is seeking a Front End web developer to join the Web and Application Services Group. The Group is in charge of all web-related projects for the College and its units. We implement solutions to meet the complex information needs of the College.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle
- Implement and maintain websites and applications in Drupal 8, and PHP, responsible for Drupal theming and overall UI design, development, and ongoing maintenance.
- Participate in the current ARHU project that migrate all current ARHU departmental sites and application systems from various platforms – Drupal 7, WordPress, HTML, and others, into Drupal 8 framework. Responsible for porting the websites into the new Drupal 8 responsive and mobile friendly theme; and designing and implementing new UI upon requests.
- Responsible for resolving browser compatibilities issues and frontend bugs; and designing responsive and mobile friendly user interface.
- Interface with project sponsors, graphic designers, developers, agencies, and end users to gather frontend requirements. Provide guidance on best practices and answering questions.
- Assist users with all web-related requests such as assisting with new website requests, technical support such as HTML/CSS, consultations on web products, and all other web-related requests.
- Evaluate and/or adapt new web technologies or software products.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in leading some or all of the components in web development projects, with focus on front end components
- Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds
- Experience working with open source content management systems
- Experience applying basic software engineering principles. Examples include using version control systems such as GIT; implementing unit testing; and working in local, development, staging and production environments.
- Ability to translate user requirements into actionable tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a team
- Self-starter who enjoys taking on new challenges and problem solving, highly motivated and enjoys learning and adapting new web technologies
- Detail oriented, organized and demonstrate the ability to produce top quality software.
- Degree in computer science, information technology or related-field preferred.
- Experience or knowledge with some of the following big pluses:
- Drupal 8
- Drupal theming and module development
- CSS preprocessor such as Sass, Less
- Atlassian Suites – JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket
- Mobile and/or responsive design
- REST architecture
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 22 Days Annual Leave; 15 Days Sick Leave; 3 Days Personal Leave; 15 Paid Holidays; Tuition Remission; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No H1-B Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
Please submit your application through the University of Maryland website https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/69006. For best consideration, applications should be submitted by May 10th, 2019.