Membership Sales Director
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry representing nearly 1,000 companies from around the world. Our mission is to build a strong solar industry to power America. We achieve that aim by supporting pro-solar policy at the federal and state level, developing cutting-edge industry research, and speaking as the voice of the solar industry to press and public.
At SEIA, our staff arrives every morning knowing that their work improves our country's energy independence, empowers our member businesses and strengthens our economy through the creation of more than 250,000 U.S. jobs. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in America.
The Director of Membership Sales manages an experienced team of membership salespeople who are each tasked with both retaining existing corporate members and recruiting new corporate members in a geographically focused area. The Director reports directly to the VP of Business Development and interacts frequently with departmental leads and executive management.
Related duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for meeting quarterly and annual revenue goals through both renewal and new sales of company membership dues and associated bundled products and services.
- Motivate, energize, and manage sales staff. Oversee several seasoned sales managers, recruit and train new sales managers, and develop and implement sales processes to increase effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate value of SEIA to companies across the full spectrum of the solar industry and based on geo-political priorities of SEIA. Work with the State Affairs team to help members understand how to engage with SEIA and the broader solar industry.
- Frequent and transparent analytical reporting of progress to executive management.
- Closely monitor and transparently share the Membership sales team’s progress against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as
- Progress against quarterly sales goals
- Sales opportunities
- Monthly sales bookings
- Average sales value
- Retention rate and churn
- Monthly recurring revenue
- Develop strategies to effectively exceed retention objectives with a focus on revenue and net gain growth. Benchmark best practices with other campaign-style fundraising operations and utilize the expertise of successful staff members in order to develop innovative approaches for short and long-term growth.
- Direct and support efforts to effectively integrate the Membership Department’s activities with other departments throughout SEIA especially with Federal Affairs, State Affairs, Research.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Events, and Communications to build and execute on Membership drive campaigns. Work with Marketing Manager to produce and update all membership collateral.
This position requires travel approximately 15% of the time.
- BS/MS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 5+ years’ B2B sales experience, membership sales experience preferred
- 5+ years in leadership sales position
- 5+ years of management experience
- Track record of superior management skills
- Track record of superior performance metrics
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Clear communicator
- Familiarity with CRM software
Experience with Trade Association membership sales preferred but not required. Experience with renewable energy and solar technology preferred but not required. Ability to travel required. Must have a can-do attitude and interest in advancing renewable energy in the U.S.
SEIA compensation is competitive and will commensurate with experience. This position offers a base compensation with the opportunity for incentive compensation based on achieving sales targets.
A Bachelor's Degree is required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2019-12 Director of Membership Sales.” No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Applications will be accepted through April 26. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.